- A.L.A.R.M. = African Leadership and Reconciliation Ministries - Conduct a conference in the province of Gitega, Burundi for churches on how to teach children through a Sunday School setting.
- Judea Harvest - Work with the pastors of the 10 church tents planted last October to provide support, training, encouragement, and see how we can continue to support this project in the future.
- Discovery School - Partner with the teachers and staff of this school to teach the children about God's love through songs, crafts, puppet shows and more. To develop relationships with the Burundians and support and love on the staff of this school.
- Orphan Care - Seek out new initiatives and avenues of ways Forest Hill Church can support the many orphanages, orphans, and caretakers in Burundi who are there because of the recent civil war, AIDS, and poverty.
- Women's Empowerment Initiatives- Work with future partnerships for developing a program to help the women of Burundi become empowered through education, support, reconiciliation and learning about God's love and grace.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Four Months and Counting~
Hello and welcome to our blog for our upcoming Burundi 2011 Mission Trip! A group of twenty members from Forest Hill Church in Charlotte, NC will travel to Burundi, Africa from October 20 - 20, 2011. Once in country, we will divide into 5 smaller groups and work with 5 different partners/causes. Our 5 small groups will work with partners in Burundi to conduct the following projects: